Monday, November 21, 2011

Beta

So....

I haven't been posting at all the last two weeks. Mainly because I've been so distracted playing the Star Wars: The Old Republic beta. I haven't even bothered to tell you such, mainly since I was under an NDA and there wouldn't have been much I could actually say without getting myself in trouble.

NDA Lifted on Friday the 18th. I'm now able to share my experiences.

I leveled a Jedi Consular-Shadow to 50 in the last 2 weeks. I've tried tanking and both DPS specs.

I love the balance tree for pvp and general questing. Tanking is fairly easy, but the difference in mitigation from one spec to another is drastic. I switched to a DPS spec at 50 to try different things and immediately walked into a group of enemies just as I would have before. I got destroyed. Tanking had given me this sense of toughness that you just don't have as a DPS spec.

I've also been playing with DarthHater crew during the beta. I've also been streaming content for them on their livestream account over the weekend. Good people, if there hadn't been some pretty major bugs that we've had to overcome we'd have a full raid of 50's and be testing endgame content, but as it stands we've had to refocus and try other content to show on the livestreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment