Thursday, December 22, 2011

So the game is out....

You may have noticed a gap in posts.

Mainly because I've been actually playing Star Wars: The Old Republic during the beta, but also now because its been released.

I've already leveled one character to 50 on the Imperial side. I plan on at least one more character to 50, but not at the pace I did during the early access before the game launched. I've already geared up my character to the point where we should be able to run the first raid this evening in fact. We have a tentative time today were supposed to see if we have 8 people all geared up and ready to go. (I have some doubts, but we'll see where we are.)

The game for about 95% of it is perfect. There are still bugs.

This is what sets a game apart from other mmo's is just how well they handle these bugs. So far the ones I saw in beta haven't repeated themselves, all except one. The User interface has a consistent bug where it stops updating. By this I mean, /who /guild, and sometimes for healers even health pools in raid frames. So it can be hard to tell who's online, and what health a person has in pvp or pve content.

Aside from these, the game is still crap tons of fun. Lots of content to explore, kill, and loot.

And that whole "Story" thing is actually interesting on almost all the characters. Sometimes it can be a bit repetitive or cliche but hey its star wars. Who didn't expect a little cliche by now?

*update

So, I was saying 95% perfect? Lets say this applies to the game itself. Not to the website that handles all the account information, which has been pummeled and overloaded since early access. It has gotten so bad that you now have to sit in a waiting room queue just to update your personal information and credit cards so you can even log into the game once the grace period has ended. So yeah, game 95%, website a weak 70% at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment